Driver Privacy Statement
Scope and Application
How We Collect Information
Information Provided by you
Information we collect refers to identifiable information that may include name, telephone and/or mobile phone number, email address, home and/or work address. Additionally, we will also collect information regarding your background check as well as vehicle insurance. Other information collected and aggregated not unique to the Driver includes age, gender and preferences.
Information We Collect
Information that Muve collects about you can generally be categorised into:
- Location Information: In order to operate the Driver App, you must allow the Muve App to access your device’s precise location via the operating system’s permission system.
- Contacts Information: If permitted via the mobile operating system, the Muve app may access and store names and contact information from your contact list to facilitate for features such as social integrations.
- Transaction Information: Transactional information refers to payment information that may include information such as time and date of the service, payment methods, distance traveled, amount charged and other information related to the services provided.
- Usage and Preference Information: Muve may also collect information regarding your Muve App’s settings and preferences. Information of which may be unique to you. Please refer to our Cookies Policy for information on how Muve does this.
- Device Information: By interacting with our Driver App, Muve may also collect information about your mobile operating device, which includes, but not limited to a device model, software version, unique device identifier, etc.
- Call and SMS Data: The Services provided by Muve facilitates for the communication and interaction between Users and Drivers. In facilitating the services, Muve may collect information detailing the involved parties’ phone numbers, call data, the content of SMS messages, and time and date of calls and SMS.
- Log Information: When interacting with our Driver App, Muve may collect server logs, which may include, but not limited to information such as your IP address, approximate location, access dates and times, app features, preferences and app crashes.
A majority of mobile operating systems have defined categories of data that apps cannot access without the person’s consent. Depending on the operating system, the way in which the device may obtain your consent may differ. Permissions that the Muve App may seek will be subjected to changes over time.
Collection of Other Information
Muve may also collect information from other sources arising from the use of our Services. Such instances include:
If you interact with a payment provider or social media service, or if you engage with a separate app or website.
If your employer interacts with our enterprise and business solutions, we may also collect information about you from your employer.
Similarly to how Users and provide ratings to Drivers, our Drivers may also provide the Users with a rating after providing the services.
Muve may also combine and aggregate information collected from the uses of our Services in another capacity, for example a Driver that is both a User.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
Sharing of Your Information
- Provide and improve Services provided, such as account enquiries, facilitating payments and sending receipts and developing new features;
- Perform internal operations, such as prevention of fraud and abuse of our Services, and troubleshooting of bugs
- Facilitate communications between you and a Driver through personalised information such as estimated time of arrival and your use of certain features;
- Send you communications we deemed as relevant to you where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and
- Personalise and improve the Services through methods such as social connections, referrals, and advertising.
- MUVE may disclose your personal information to MUVE related entities and third party service providers that are located outside of Australia for the purposes as listed above.
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
We may share your information:
Other Important Sharing Information
- With users that places the Services requests, which include information such as your name, your photo, vehicle registration, vehicle make and model, average rating, precise location, etc.;
- With other parties, instances include fare splitting, or people you authorised to have those information shared with;
- With third parties you interacted through a partnership or promotional offering;
- With the general public if you engage in a public forum, or share information that is viewable by the general public; and
- With third parties that you have given permission to let us share information i.e. app integration.
Information that is collected about you may also be shared:
Social Integration and Sharing Features
- With affiliated entities of Muve and/or subsidiaries;
- With vendors, consultants, and/or entities carrying out work on behalf of Muve
- With competent authorities if disclosure of such information is required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of mergers, sale of company assets, acquisition, restructuring, consolidation and financing;
- If you consented for the information to be shared; and
- Anonymously, meaning that information that cannot be used to reasonably identify you.
With your consent, Muve may integrate with social networks, Medias and other related tools and parties which lets you share activities through your interaction with our Services with external parties. Please refer to the privacy policies outlined by these social network services for information on how your information provided to them is handled.
Advertising and Services Provided by Other Parties
Muve may allow others external parties to provide services such as advertising on our behalf on the internet and to analytical assess performance of said advertisements. These entities may use technologies to identify your device when you visit our website and use our Services.
Drivers’ name will be shared with Users, however, you may amend or modify other information such as passwords, email address, etc. In certain cases, we may retain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate internal business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
Passwords and Access Rights
Requests made by the person to amend and/or modify personal data will be compiled and stored in accordance with applicable laws.
Location Services Information
Muve requires the use of location information in order to provide our Services. Disabling this feature may limit certain functions of the app. Additionally, disabling the app’s ability to access precise location will not limit the app’s ability to collect information, nor the ability to collect information about your approximate location.
Promotional Materials and Communications
You may opt out from receiving promotional communications by modifying your account information. Muve may still send you non-promotional related communications that are related to your account such as Services requested by you or business-related news.
Changes to the Statement